Your Dance Journey
Almost Finished Absolute Beginner Level 1
You have almost finished your first Salsa/Bachata/Kizomba Absolute Beginner Level 1 course at Salsa Connexion and it’s time to take your skills to the next level! 🚀
Get ready to embrace Salsa/Bachata/Kizomba Level 2: Beginner Plus, your new ongoing and flexible dance level! In January our new season starts, and we have some Try-Out spots in our schedule ready for you to book!
What to Expect in Salsa/Bachata/Kizomba Level 2:
- Now that you have learned the basic steps and principles, we will work on a strong foundation of many techniques and blending this all in to fluent and effortless dancing of basic partner work. This is where the magic happens!
- Unlike the structured and progressive build up in the Absolute Beginner program, our Beginner Plus (Level 2) is all about flexibility and offers drop-in classes several days a week, allowing you to join and participate at any time. With different techniques offered each class, you can always drop in, every class has a fresh start!
- From Beginner Plus (Level 2) on there are no start and end dates for our classes, which makes it possible to choose for a monthly Membership, a Punch card, or Single Classes for your convenience. Check it out here: https://www.salsaconnexion.nl/prices/
- You can use your credits to follow different dance styles, days or times, just select a class of your level in our schedule and book your class.
- You will need about 14 to 20 classes of Salsa/Bachata/Kizomba Level 2 to equip yourself with the knowledge and experience needed to step up to Salsa/Bachata/Kizomba Level 3.
How will my dance journey at Salsa Connexion continue?
Products to Join
Use credits whenever possible with a validity from 7 weeks up to 12 months. Do you prefer to follow classes from time to time because your work or personal schedule is different each week? Then a Punchcard is a good choice!
Automated and worry free, upgrading and downgrading is possible.
Are you planning on following classes regularly every week? Then a Membership gives you the best value for money! Choose between a membership of 3 months or 6 months. More information you can find on https://www.salsaconnexion.nl/prices/
*Memberships are automatically renewed monthly after the minimum contract period [3 or 6 months].
Adding a new dance style to your journey
Adding a new dancestyle to your journey is highly recommendable.
It will help your skill set, musical comprehension and promotes your social connections in our community.
Please note that Absolute Beginner Courses (Level 1) are only available through Course Tickets because of high demand, progressive program and limited capacity due to the personal attention required for participants. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to continue your dance journey at your own pace. It’s all about enjoying the dance and making progress on your terms.
Stay Tuned for Bootcamps
Exciting Bootcamps tailored to your level are on the horizon! These multiple hour intensive sessions promise significant progress and learning curves.
If you have any questions or need more information, feel free to reach out to us via email. We’re here to support you every (dance) step of your dance journey.
For now, celebrate yourself for courageously:
- getting out of that comfort zone,
- making new connections,
- completing this course,
- and letting go of self judgement and enjoying great moments! ☀️
Determining your Dace Level
Taking dance lessons is an organic process in which progression can continue to develop. There is no end date. If you want to continue learning, it is important to take classes at the level that suits you.
The learning curve follows a natural process that is different for each student. Aspects in which you can discover your talents or challenges include rhythm, coordination, balance, learning to lead or follow. Everyone has their own strengths and weaknesses and works on their areas of focus. Students learn at their own pace and will develop based on their own abilities and preferences, with teachers guiding and supporting them in their growth.
The level of a course is an indication of the lesson pace and entertainment factor.
Determining the dance level at which you should dance can depend on various factors, such as your experience, technique, style, dance skills and what you experience as pleasurable. (Do you want to be challenged in class or do you want to focus on a pleasant class with social interaction?)
When determining your level, for example, we look at your dance background and how much experience you have with dancing. If you are new to our dance school, we may ask you to do a short audition, during which we can observe and evaluate your dance skills. Based on this, we can advise you on which level is best for you.
If you have been dancing at our dance school for a while, we can assess your level based on your performances and the feedback you receive from the teachers. Sometimes you may start in a certain level, but later move up to a higher level because you have improved your dance skills.
If you want to know if you are on track, you can always ask your teacher for feedback.